Monday, October 30, 2017

#SecondLifeChallenge - My Second Life blogging/vlogging journey





1. How long have you been blogging or vlogging about Second Life?
I started my blog in December '16 when I had been in Second Life for just under four months. It wasn't until June of '17 that I was hired by my first store. I don't vlog yet but I've been learning and practicing OBS Studio and find I'm pretty comfortable making videos so I hope to get into that some time soon.

2. Why did you start blogging or vlogging?
I've been writing in blogs and online journals since 2000, so it was only natural I'd want to make a regular record of my experience in Second Life, especially since it was a platform I had never tried before. Prior to Second Life, all my online activities took place in text form via message broads, forums and chat clients. I originally figured it would be more focused on writing with the occasional picture to prevent people from getting bored.

3. How many times a week/month do you post?
It varies from 3-5 times per week, although sometimes I play catch-up and spam my few readers several times over the weekend.

4. Do you keep track of how many hits or subscribers you have?
I think if I did that it would be a bit discouraging for me. Being that I'm such a new blogger, I don't get many hits and I don't even know how to tell if someone has subscribed to my blog.

5. What electronic devices do you use to blog/vlog with?
I only use my laptop.

6. Do you monetize your blog or vlogs?
Ok lol I don't know what that means.

7. What has Second Life blogging or vlogging taught you?
So far it's taught me that I can meet challenges I would never have chosen on my own. It's shown that I do have a creative streak and a willingness to work hard on it and put the results out there with little to no guarantee of success. In the past, I've been hesitant to share my creative work with others and often go months and even years without producing anything worthwhile. Somehow, Second Life blogging has given me confidence and a drive to constantly produce.

8. Do you feel like Second Life blogging or vlogging takes away from your real life?
Not in the slightest. Second Life is something I do in my spare time and I have plenty of it since my job doesn't demand overtime and my social life usually takes place on the weekends. I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't have a husband or kids and I don't do the nightlife thing any more. I've always been an early bird so Second Life is perfect for those pre-dawn hours I like to spend on the porch with my coffee, before the rest of the world wakes up. I also don't think I would ever let it take away from my real life because that always comes first and most people understand that.

9. Do you have a mission statement for your blog or vlog and if so, what is it?
Nothing formal yet, but I do aim to inform and entertain readers. Eventually, when I get into vlogging I would like it to be informative. Right now I'm interested in creating tutorials but there's no telling where it will take me once I get into it.

10. Share your top 3 tips for [fellow] new bloggers/vloggers.
Always have a passion for what you do - don't stick with something which becomes a chore. Blogging/vlogging in Second Life is supposed to be a creative outlet. Be an active learner - always strive to continue growing. And finally, get immersed in the community - it's full of so many talented people who are passionate about what they do and will support and inspire you.

In case you're wondering what the #SecondLifeChallenge is, click here for info.

credits:
[hair] Truth - Elyse
[dress] Dead Dollz - Praha (Fifty Linden Friday 10-27)
[shoes] Ingenue - Nina Wooden Heels (Fifty Linden Friday 10-27)
[glasses] Izzie's - Oversized Sunglasses
[body] Maitreya
[head] Catwa - Catya
[pose] Double Take - Mountain Ranges

Taken @ the Sable Club

No comments:

Post a Comment