Monday, October 30, 2017

I am a Truthie

In the last year, the Truth VIP group has become my home. Chat is usually pretty active and I've made a lot of friends there because it's filled with some of the loveliest people I've met in Second Life. I also appreciate his exclusive monthly groups gifts just as much as I do his main store and event releases and am blown away by how hard he works just to design something he winds up giving away for free. He most certainly likes to spoil us.

Speaking of which, this month was likely going to be the first month without a gift due to some seriously time-consuming rl stuff Truth was involved in. However, on the evening of the 28th, Amber announce the gift was coming after all. I was so surprised and excited, I opened the folder immediately and put it on without even realizing there was no picture included...and suddenly found myself standing there with a pumpkin on my head! My first thought was "hmm what did I do?". I re-checked the folder and sure enough, the only wearable item in there was called "Pumpkin". I guiltily tried to suppress a smirk as I squinted and leaned in to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. And then the giggles started. In the next 24 hours the group was filled with laughter and talk of spit-takes and some seriously funny pictures and commentary...and yes, some righteous indignation as well. I won't focus on those lone individuals though. For me, the pumpkin demonstrated his sense of humor and despite not being my next go-to 'style' (snort) I delighted in imagining his amusement as he made it. In place of a stem, he added a bow and a little tuft of hair and, of course, every color pack for the hair!


Then 24 hours later, we got another notice and discovered there was a full hair gift after all. So despite moving his entire family to another country and whatever else he had going on this month, he managed to get us TWO gifts. 






wearing:
[hair] Truth - Makena (October VIP group gift)
[glasses] Convair - Glamingo Glasses
[scarf] Just Because - Fiore Scarf A
[sweater] Reign - Oxley Cardigan - Cognac 
[dress] Reign - Oxley Wrinkled Dress - Sand
[boots & socks] Reign - Blair Knee High Boot & Blair Boot Socks
[bag] Reign - Fall Vibes Traveler Bag - the Romantic
[coffee] Reign - Doodle Cup Latte
[body] Maitreya
[head] Catwa - Catya

[pose] An Lar - the Jane Series no. 4 (arms modified by the latte and bag)

scene:
buildings (L) Serenity Style- Norah Imagination  Little Library RARE
                (R) Serenity Style- Janire -Le Petit Tresor ULTRARARE
sidewalk {what next} Lucia Terrace x2 resized & linked
{what next} Scattered Leaves Decor (large & small)
PILOT & Can't Even - Basket of Pumpkins
Tarte - Cape Wagon (October Luxe box)
Peaches box (for unpacking)
Sway's [Autumn] Pumpkin decoration - single A - natural x2
bunting unlinked from the Cheeky Pea - Autumn Harvest Pumpkins set (October Deco(c)rate)

inside the window
DaD DESIGN - Oval wood table brown
PILOT - Scully-Bot
Truth - Pumpkin (October VIP gift)

Truth:
to join the VIP group, paste this URI into local chat: secondlife:///app/group/7ebc6331-a002-2735-2597-c7badaae368a/about
or taxi to the main store. (joiner is in the far left corner of the second room)

  



No comments:

Post a Comment