Thursday, January 11, 2018

if it makes you happy

Being that I'm more dialed in to social media than I was before joining Second Life, I've been getting a lot of exposure to the opinions of others who don't know me, yet have ideas about what I do nonetheless. Although they aren't specifically aiming their comments at me, I've still been prompted to give it some thought. At first I was offended to see people claim that blogging in Second Life killed creativity and reduced us to low level marketers but I understand now that those words describe how they feel and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of those of us who have a passion for it. During one particular discussion, someone linked me to this post which pretty much hit the nail on the head in terms of why I do it. For me, blogging forces my mind to break from the thoughts of everyday stressors and focuses my energy on something which demands my attention, while at the same time challenging me creatively. The fact that I really love what I do means that I get into this zone where I'm totally present and engaged. And I do believe it's good for my mind and body.







Deco(c)rate January 2018:
BIGBULLY Julia Console
BIGBULLY Julia Gold-Framed Print
MudHoney Audrey Art
MudHoney Audrey Sconce - Bronze
:CP: Champagne Flute Chair
DaD "Vintage rotary phone" c/m V.1.0
DaD "Vintage phone table" c/m V.1.0
Serenity Style-Glam Wish Cards
Serenity Style-Glam Wish Gloves&Pearls
.peaches. Impassioned Vanity - Seat w/ Animations
.peaches. Impassioned Vanity - DECOR
.peaches. Impassioned Vanity - Roses
Pewpew! Little Rounded Candle x2
:CP: Champagne Patio Palm Plant
Daybed Claire (PG) CHEZ MOI
[Kres] Chandelier
CONVAIR Circular Pattern Rug
Serenity Style-Glam Wish Binoculars
Serenity Style-Glam Wish Binoculars Case
BackBone Fancy Table - Small
llorisen // wilby pied-a-terre skybox

other:
Second Spaces - Treat Yourself - Travel - necessities
Second Spaces - Mood Lighting - tabletop2
Dutchie gift: 50 euro's
:[P]:- Vintage Canvas Print:// Auer
:CP: Anita Art 3
Serenity Style- All for love suitcase
Essenz - Aruba (Deco 2) (shoe clutter - group gift)
-tres blah- Golden Cage - Sweet Nothings
Apple Fall Bathroom Lotions
-tres blah- Jolie - Vintage Bottle
{Petite Maison} Powder Brush x2
Second Spaces - Makeup Junkie - foundation
Second Spaces - Makeup Junkie - eyes
Apple Fall Make-up Brush Assortment w/ Horn Jar
{what next} Hearts Alarm Clock (ivory)
Apple Fall 'Lucky Numbers' Cigarettes & Tray
Second Spaces - Cluttered House - unopened mail
19.erratic / lsm - clothing clutter - male
tarte. gazebo curtains (Luxe Box August 2017)

If you missed this month, you can still buy the January Deco(c)rate at the headquarters here.

2 comments:

  1. One rebuttal to keep in your back pocket for negative people like that, Ellen - "Your opinion does matter. Just not to me." <3

    ReplyDelete