Monday, October 16, 2017

#SecondLifeChallenge - My Zodiac Sign

~credits below~


Strawberry Singh's #SecondLifeChallenge - My Zodiac Sign

Well, I've been feeling disappointed lately that I haven't been writing as much as I'd hoped I would when I first started this blog but thanks to Berry, she's once again got me typing up a storm. I do think I'm going to love these challenges.


1. What is your Zodiac sign?  I'm smack in the middle of Aquarius.

2. Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often? Not really but it's fun sometimes. My mother used to read our horoscopes at the breakfast table.

3. What are some of the traits of your zodiac sign and do you feel they reflect who you are?

I am going to copy and paste the traits from the astrology-zodiac-signs.com website for Aquarius here and then compare.

Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian. Interesting. I've been called each of these things so often that I've gotten to the point of attaching them to the definition of who I am but I also tend to doubt myself. These are the exact strengths I strive to posses at least. I always thought they came from my parents though.

Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof. Oh yep, that's me in a nutshell - all except the aloof part. I tend toward being very outgoing and I love chatting with people. I warm up quickly in social situations but I also don't get very close to people that easily.

Aquarius likes:
Fun with friends
I like to spend a lot of time at home by myself and I don't think I spend enough time with my friends, so this one might not fit me perfectly.
helping others 
I've always loved helping others and I like to go out of my way to do so.
fighting for causes 
I don't necessarily fight for causes but I do feel strongly about certain ones and those strong feelings can come through in how I express myself. I daydream about being more involved but it seems like it would stress me out.
intellectual conversation 
I like intellectual conversations but I don't like pretentious ones. I'm more satisfied when they're interesting. 
a good listener 
this is a must.

Aquarius dislikes:
limitations
who doesn't?
broken promises
although I'm a forgiving person, I have a near-zero tolerance for broken promises unless there are extenuating circumstances.
being lonely
I don't feel lonely very often at all but when I did I sure hated it - but who doesn't?
dull or boring situations
I have a childlike reaction to boring or dull situations, but at least nowadays I can keep that to myself
people who disagree with them 
I've struggled with this in the past but I've been working on it for some time now and I feel like I've made some progress.

Aquarius-born are shy and quiet , but on the other hand they can be eccentric and energetic. See, this is interesting. I've always viewed this as my unique split personality lol perhaps it does have more to do with being an Aquarius than it does with being unique.

However, in both cases, they are deep thinkers and highly intellectual people who love helping others. I have been accused of being an intellectual deep thinker but I would beg to differ sometimes.

They are able to see without prejudice, on both sides, which makes them people who can easily solve problems. 
I'm pretty good at seeing life through the eyes of others or understanding their point of view even if I disagree with them but that doesn't mean I always show up that way in face to face conversations. I do love a challenge though and problem solving is one I find myself involved in a lot.

Although they can easily adapt to the energy that surrounds them, Aquarius-born have a deep need to be some time alone and away from everything, in order to restore power. 
Sometimes my tendency to adapt to the energy around me can be exhausting and even emotionally distressing, which is why I avoid drama as much as humanly possible. That's one of the reasons I love the internet, because I have a lot more control over my environment and can keep it clean with the tap of a button. The time alone thing is very accurate. I usually need it after work or after spending time with a group of people or in a crowd. I tend to avoid large crowds for that reason.

People born under the Aquarius sign, look at the world as a place full of possibilities.
Yep, still haven't lost my childlike curiosity.

Aquarius is an air sign, and as such, uses her mind at every opportunity.
I've always been pretty resourceful. I've missed out on a lot of privileges in life but that never stopped me from accomplishing what I wanted.

If there is no mental stimulation, they are bored and lack motivation to achieve the best result.
True. I always thought of it as bouts of laziness. I like the sound of "needs mental stimulation" better.

The ruling planet of Aquarius, Uranus has a timid, abrupt and sometimes aggressive nature, 
Abrupt and aggressive? I prefer "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line". I don't beat around the bush. I don't have the patience for it.

but it also gives Aquarius visionary quality. They are capable of perceiving the future and they know exactly what they want to be doing five or ten years from now.
Ha! I never know what the future holds but I seem to be able to predict it in others.

Uranus also gave them the power of quick and easy transformation, 
Eerily accurate

so they are known as thinkers, progressives and humanists.
Not sure how the powder of quick and easy transformation leads to being progressive humanist but I do relate to both of those.

They feel good in a group or a community, so they constantly strive to be surrounded by other people.
I do love being part of a community but that doesn't mean I strive to be surrounded by other people.

The biggest problem for Aquarius-born is the feeling that they are limited or constrained. Because of the desire for freedom and equality for all, they will always strive to ensure freedom of speech and movement. 
Freedom of speech and movement are causes I would fight for if I had the energy to do so. For now though I just settle for doing it on social media and in the one-sided conversation of a blog post with comments disabled.

Aquarius-born have a reputation for being cold and insensitive persons, but this is just their defense mechanism against premature intimacy. They need to learn to trust others and express their emotions in a healthy way.
Ok this is a loaded statement. I have felt cold and insensitive at times but I do believe it's an instinctual defense against getting hurt. I have difficulty trusting others implicitly although I'm good at giving them the benefit of the doubt. In the past I've expressed my emotions in pretty unhealthy ways but in recent years I've mostly clammed up and only expressed my emotions to those I trust enough.

Notes:
Although many of the qualities listed by the website - both good and bad - were accurate, I've always seen them as products of genetics, my environment, upbringing and personal experiences. While that's more likely to be true than the fact I was born in early February, It's interesting to think about. Could there be some cosmic influence to these elements of me that is working on a subconscious level to determine how I think and live my life?

Photo credits:
[hair] Truth - Lola
[headband] from Doe - Sue hair (May Bish Box)
[whiskers & eyeliner]: Identity Body Shop - Faces - Bad Kitty (May Bish Box)
[choker] Kibitz - Kitten Collar (May Bish Box)
[tat] Carol G - Cat's Way
[head] Catwa - Lona

In case you're wondering what the #SecondLifeChallenge is, click here for info.