Friday, February 2, 2018

free agent of the blogiverse

The topic of blogger integrity came up again on social media and being that I'm a bit protective over my choices in Second Life, I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention my take on things. I'm learning there are probably as many motivations for blogging as there are bloggers. I understand some do it for the free products while others use it to puff themselves up into prideful balloons but most of them seem to do it because they love it. Since blogging is a hobby, its ultimately a choice that people can take or leave.

I was told in no uncertain terms by a fellow blogger that if I didn't disclose on each post which items I was given for free to blog, I was breaking the law and could be fined by the FTC. After I got a good chuckle out of that, it made me wonder how many bloggers praise products they don't like. I personally would never praise a product I didn't like or blog for a store whose products I don't love but how are my readers supposed to know that? The answer is, they can't and it shouldn't even factor into their shopping choices. As a consumer, all I'm interested in is how I can get hold of something I think I might like based on seeing it in a picture, not based on how many wonderful things people say about it.


[hair] Truth - Tyr
[dress] ChicModa - Ara (**NEW @ the main store)
[necklace] MG - Necklace - Truth Owl - Black - RARE
[piercings]PUNCH / Navel Piercing / Stud {dark gold}
                 PUNCH / Diamond Nose Stud
[tat] Letis - Arama
[rings] CODEX_BENTO DYANA RINGS
[body] Maitreya
[head] Catwa - Lilly
[skin] League - Sadie
[shape] my own
[pose] RKPoses - Blair no. 5 (left arm straightened)
[backdrop] BUENO-Mulder Loft Building-Decay (NEW @ Uber)


**Ara is a re-release of an old item. Anyone who purchased Ara
prior to today will get an updated dress automatically.

✔ 100% Original Mesh by Sassy Nitely
✔ Single Purchases: All come with a color change HUD for the belt, metals & undies.
✔ All Pack: All parts color changeable.
✔ Fitted for Lara, Physique and Hourglass.


ChicModa
marketplace
main store
flickr










Truth Hair & Apparel
marketplace
main store
flickr

1 comment:

  1. Well said, plus that law is in regards to people that review the products. Thus there are times when celebrities have endorsed products simply because they were paid to. There's no FTC SL Blogger police going around filing lawsuits against bloggers. If there was, I'd hope they would bring some grammar cops along with them. *giggles*

    ReplyDelete